Gifted Individuals Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gifted Individuals Academy

A Mutant school, our X-Men team works to defend against any threat to Mutant and Human peace alike, while others strive to destroy it. How will you choose to advance your Mutant abilities?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Greeting
Welcome to the G.I.A.! We are a new generation X-Men rpg, making our mark in the history of Mutants. Please feel free to explore our site. We're always open to new comers, and will be happy to answer any questions. Once you've joined come hangout in the Chatbox! We discuss lots of topics and love new opinions. We hope you enjoy your stay and decide to make it a permanent one!
Latest topics
» Character drawings
Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am by Thorn

» i cant find the away forum but i wont be on
Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» james markes black
Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» good jump in spot.
Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 am by Thorn

» Naruto Miage - Where Everyone is Family.
Technical Assistance  EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:54 am by Guest

» finally i am here
Technical Assistance  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am by lightingboy

» Passing By
Technical Assistance  EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm by Idleweiss

» Promises and Orders
Technical Assistance  EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm by Idleweiss

» Thanksgiving
Technical Assistance  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:15 pm by Blair Nox

Staff
Lynx - Founder of the site.
Ghost - Admin
Idleweiss - Admin

Technical Assistance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Assault

Technical Assistance  Empty
PostSubject: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Kira was walking around the park debating whether or not she should call Idleweiss after the rude way she had walked out in the cafe, would he think she was some kind of freak? The owner of the cafe freaked her out and now looking back on it she felt that she might have over reacted, but there isnt any way that she could go back and change what she said or did. However she still felt a little creeped out by it. Her experience with mutants had wound her up in bad situations including once being hospitalized for two weeks. She had found herself a target to be used by people stronger than her, so when she moved to Atlanta she promised herself she would always be in control, yesterdays encounter with Trane made her feel like she had lost all the control she had. Sitting down on a bench she pulled out her cell phone and dialed Idleweiss' number, she was tackling the idea of seeing him again what if he figured out she had abilities because of how she reacted, what if he knew and was one of those mutants that would try to use her?, what if he was just a decent human being who would hate her if he found out? Questioning herself like this reminded her why she stayed so isolated. She closed her phone without calling and stood up to pace again. After a bit more of debating she sighed out loud and told herself " Jeez I'm such a wimp, what is my problem?" She had prepared herself for this trip and brought her digital camera that for some reason she couldnt get to work so she had never used it. The night before she had torn apart her house trying to find some type of equipment that had been broken that she might need help with. Finally she allowed herself to sit back down, she had made her decision, she was going to call him, pulling out her phone for what felt like the hundredth time she dialed his number, she was going to tell him that she was at the park if he wanted to join and help her with her camera, she hit the call button and waited.

Last edited by Assault on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled something)
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Staff - Character Handler
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Idleweiss sprawled over the borrowed bed inside his hotel room, his chest heaving and hoing as he stared up at the ceiling. "That was number forteen...of thirty-seven," he counted off as he ran down his apology list. The last guy, a middle-aged man, really pushed him, trying to find something he couldn't do. He guessed it was the old guy's way of getting even with him. However, this traveling Jack was not the type to back down from a challenge, even from someone off his list. Their battle raged on for hours as he put his namesake on the line. Disasemble and reasenble my car engine, Befriend my pit bull, Fix my heater and so on. Finally the man was satisfied and gave Idleweiss his freedom.

A big grin spread across Idleweiss' face. It had been tough and tiring work, but he hadn't expected to have so much fun. Soon his grin grew into laughter, but it was a brief laughter, followed by a sigh. "I wonder how long I'll be in this town?" He would be in town indefinitely due to his latest client, who had yet to give him the specifics of the job. He would just have to wait around until the guy was ready for him. "Well, at least there was a sweet reward on the other side of it."

His arm started ringing. "Hmm?" He looked over at his sleeve as it rustled about before lifting his arm towards his ear. One of his cell phones sprung from under his sleeve into his hand, propelled by a wrist-mounted construct of his own design. Who was calling him, he thought. He took a deep breath, pressed the call button and answered, "Hello, this is the office of Travel Jack Idleweiss. How may I...uh, wait. Is this my business phone or personal? Hmm...Oh well, how may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Kira listened as the dial tone rang once..twice.. should she hang up? Nope too late she heard his voice. She was just so unnaturally nervous. Listening to him start his opener she giggled ," Um I believe I called your personal number, by the way this is Kira... from the coffee shop." Kira was hoping that he remembered who she was, otherwise this could be terribly embarrassing. This was why she didn't associate with people, but she was tired of being a loner, all she did was work and go home to an empty house, maybe she should get a cat. Then again she would never be home to give the cat any attention and would probably forget to feed it, she hardly had time to feed herself.

Not really sure what to say she jumped right in " Well if you do remember me I was wondering if I could take you up on your offer to help, I found my camera and was wondering if you wanted to come to the Grant park and help me out, however if you are busy thats cool." She had let that all out on one breath and felt a little winded, she always rambled when nervous. If he showed up and was just as nervous she would look the fool. Why was she so nervous anyways?
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:27 pm

A feminine voice entered his ears, with a bit of a giggle. It was the young lady he'd met the day before. "Oh, hey. What's up?" he responded in his usual relaxed tone. He didn't have to wait long before Kira answered back with her request. His ears perked at this and his lips curled into a cat-like smile. His fatigue seemed to have disappeared since laying down on the bed, so he was up for another go. She was good company, so there was no need for him to pretend he needed to check his schedule like he did with certain mischievous clients with outrageous requests that he somehow always ended up fulfilling anyway.

"Nah, it's cool. I'm free..."

Sometime later, he finally reached Grant Park. Today was more easy-going than usual, since he'd required little in the way of instruments. However, he realized one fatal mistake he'd made upon approach. "I forgot to ask her about a meeting place," He laughed to himself. "Well then...," he said under his breath as he reached into his waist-apron, drawing three pieces of folded paper. Taking a moment to unflatten the paper, the shape of three cranes were revealed. "Scouting mission, go," he spoke to the cranes as he threw them in different directions as one would with paper airplanes.

It was for these situations that he'd come up with such an inconspicuous method. He wasn't the type to flaunt his status as an awakened human. There were discrepancies regarding his awakening, but he was most likely a mutant. If not, then he would have no idea what he was.

He sent out his satelites and used them as his eyes and ears. It took about five minutes before he finally found her. Then the three cranes drifted to the ground just as one would expect them to. After a few minutes of walking, Idleweiss appeared behind her. He had a bit of a habit of appearing behind people like this, intentionally or not. "Hello. Hope you haven't been waiting long."
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Kira was glad to hear that he was free and going to meet her at the park, she felt the butterflies in her stomach but resolved herself to not be nervous, after all it wasn't a date she told herself. She could handle being around some of the most powerful lawyers in the state or around some of the scarier side jobs she had without a second thought, but when it was a normal person who was there for non work related reasons it was like school all over again having to worry that people might find out or having to wonder if she could trust a person. It wasn't long after the call that Kira realized they hadn't set a place to meet, she could use her ability but she didn't have something personal of his to search with..... she could try using his business card.

The biggest problem with her searching ability was that her eyes turned stark white, and she always was worried that one of the times the white wouldn't wear away quickly enough but she decided she would try anyways she held his card close to her focusing on Idleweiss and closed her eyes so as not to show the white it would turn to, to any unsuspecting passerbys. This had been the first time in years that she used her ability to her own gain, usually someone devious or desperate to find someone paid her to use it.

For some reason at first her power had guided her to the sky for a moment as if Idleweiss was flying, she knew this couldn't be right and redoubled her efforts, before she knew it her power showed that Idleweiss was right behind her, startled she quickly released the energy holding her to her ability and turned around with a little gasp she saw him right behind her and he was saying hi. "Oh I'm sorry hello, you startled me" She laughed it off. "Its nice to see you again" She grinned hoping she had released the ability quickly enough. It might freak out Idleweiss if he had seen it. She wanted him to think that she was just quietly sitting there relaxing with her eyes closed. "Anyways here is my camera thats broken" She said to show that she had an actual reason for him coming out.
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 am

Startled by his appearance, Kira spun around to face Idleweiss with a gasp before responding to his greeting. "And you as well," he smiled in response to a flustered Kira, who quickly revealed a camera in her possession. "Ah," was his response as she placed it into his hands with a grin. Taking it, he gave the camera a lookover. "Hmm," he scrutinized and analyzed. After a moment, he beckoned Kira over to a nearby picnic table, where he revealed a set of tools hidden inside his waist-apron. He spread the apron out, drawing a long thin screwdriver from its loop. "It's such a beautiful day today. Days like these are fun, but I always feel abit restless. I wonder 'how long will I be able to see the sun like this'. For me, rainy days are the best, because there's always sunny days to look forward to." Unscrewing the battery shaft, he drew the slot from its place before further investigation. "How about you? What kind of day do you enjoy? Or for that matter, are you enjoying yourself today?"
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:32 am

Kira was relieved Idleweiss didn't seem to have noticed anything, she followed him as he beckoned her to the picnic table and relaxed instantly. Idleweiss went to work on the camera, pulling out a tool from his apron, it seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing. it was like this was as natural to him as it was for the sun to shine. Kira found it very intruiging by how quickly he was working on the camera. " I would have to agree about the rainy days, peoples bad weather days seem to be my favorite, especially lightning storms to me each bolt is perfect. Like the earth is angry or something" Kira had always loved storms it was always amazing to her how powerful the natural elements could be. " But I am enjoying the nice day right now. I don't think we will have to wait long for the rain though" Kira smiled.
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 pm

"Is that so", he chuckled a bit. That was the sort of answer his sister would have given. She enjoyed 'the chaotic nature of the sky' during a storm. 'Ellie, are you having fun?' Those words managed to cross his mind again. Idleweiss' eyes narrowed as they began to quiver. Rosa...

Having inspected the power distribution circuits during their conversation, he moved on to a more thorough inspection. Replacing the electrical instrument he'd drawn while speaking to Kira with his screwdriver, he opened the shell covering the innards of the camera.

Using a magnifying glass, he noticed a thin film-like material hanging loose and where it fit. Normally, you'd have to take the whole camera apart to mend it. Normally. He pretended to use the screwdriver while focusing on the loose part and with a click, the film slid back into place.

After a few more easy fixes, he used his electrical instrument again to test the camera. Light flickered on the screen and the image of a darkened table appeared. However, he discovered the camera's text was set to Spanish. That gave him a good laugh. After putting everything back together, he presented the camera to its owner.

"And, here you are. Oh wait, no. Say cheese!" He always enjoyed these kinds of surprise events. He grinned as he took the first shot.
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:01 pm

"That is so" Kira said smiling, she watched Idleweiss as he fiddled with the camera. She wished she was more technical it seemed like she could do a lot if she was more capable in that field, then again she didn't know anyone who could do what she does. When Idleweiss said cheese wasn't really expecting it so she made a goofy face sticking out her tongue. She was real adult like now, Kira really like being a little dorky.

Kira reached for the now fixed camera. "Do you mind if I take a picture of you?"
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Idleweiss chuckled at Kira's improvised facial expression. "He-he-here ya go." He handed over the camera as he started to quiet himself down, before Kira asked to take his picture. A picture, huh, he laughed to himself. Shifting slightly to his right, he cupped his chin between his thumb and outstretched index finger, trying to look cool. "Alright, how's this?" He spoke with a tone that, combined with his smile, exuded confidence. Man, I must look so awesome. I may have to get a copy of that one, he thought to himself. He always liked to kid himself like this. He knew he probably looked silly, but still, it was fun.
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Kira held the camera up as Idleweiss started to position himself, she was smiling ear to ear and had to stifle a laugh at his final pose. Kira snapped the photo "That's a keeper look at how suave you look" Kira said playfully turning the camera towards Idleweiss so he could see "It's a pose James Bond would be jealous of." Kira couldn't remember a time when she had been so playful but she was enjoying herself. She turned the camera and raised it higher to take a photo of herself striking a confused silly look she snapped the photo "It's the first time I have been able to use this since buying it, I feel I should get some use out of it thank you so much" She said grinning she was honestly grateful for his help but she was more grateful for the company they were sharing and being able to have fun in such a very long time. All her nerves had disapeared and she felt comfortable now.
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:50 am

"Nice!" Idleweiss bobbed his head in approval as he stared at himself for a moment. Listening to Kira's compliments, especially the 007 reference really cracked him up. "Hahaha! No way. Though I have been around the world a couple of times, if that counts for anything." They shared some more laughs as she took another goofy picture of herself. He grabbed up his waist apron and started strapping it into place when she began expressing her thanks to him. He paused for a moment. He didn't think he deserved any praise, but hearing thanks always seemed to warm his heart. "I don't think I did anything special," he smiled as he looked back at Kira, "but if you're happy, I'm happy."

"Besides, I was supposed to be apologizing anyways, right? "
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 pm

"Around the world, hmmm I definitely think thats Bond worthy, I have been out of the country a few times for work but I didn't get time to look around at anything" Kira said she held onto her smile but she was disappointed in how boring her life had been, she had so many plans for herself, she was at the point where she could afford to travel the world in all the finest luxary a few times over, she however wanted to backpack it and really visit the cultures of places not just the tourist destinations. "I am happy thank you"

" I think you more than apologized to me when you dealt with my angry explosion at the cafe and when you bought me coffee, I think ou have made up for it three fold. You have done more than any other person would do, you are definitely a unique person. To tell you the truth I just wanted to hang out with you again I just didn't know how to ask"
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm

He fixed his gaze on Kira in pause. Everything seemed halted due to her words that hung in the air. A moment later, Idleweiss started laughing to himself. "Is that so," he said as he turned to face her, his laughter subsiding. "Then..." Wearing the same candid expression as always, he extended his hand towards her and in a sincere voice asked,"...how's this? Will you be my friend for the time being?" He knew this was all he had to offer. It just reminded him of the temporal nature of his stay in town. He didn't know when he would get the call. He could just as easily be gone by tomorrow. That had nothing to do with the here and now, though. The reason for his laughter was not Kira, but rather the circumstance. He was already used to this happening by now. Meeting people on his travels, only to leave them behind. Casually passing through other people's lives. He hated to leave people behind, but he couldn't very well take them with him. But why could Idleweiss never stay? He always left town when business was finished. It was almost like he was running from something. Always running.

"Though, you'll have to take the lead, since i don't know my way around. Oh and fair warning. I can be quite the handful," he added in a far less serious tone.
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Kira smiled friends for the time being would be the most she has had since she was very young, "That sounds like a good idea to me" she said. She didn't feel that he was being rude in any way she felt that friends for now was perfect especially since she never knew when work would take her out of town or out of the country. "Well in honest truth I don't really know my way around either but I have a pretty good gps" she said laughing " a handful huh? Well I will take my chances." Speaking of chances what were the chances that she would almost run over the first friend she would have in so long. she smiled to herself thinking about the odds.
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:27 pm

"Alright, then!" It had been awhile since he'd done this sort of thing. The people in the last town seemed so cold. He guessed they were just wary of strangers. Enough about that, though. "In that case, what are you up for? What do you like to do for fun?" Curiousity gripped him for a moment. He didn't have anything in particular in mind and many of times, he'd just stumble onto things. That was part of the fun of life. However, one cannot impose upon another's time, but must be conscious of their company. "Or should we call it a day?" He had nothing planned, but he couldn't help it if she did, but if it turned out she was free, there was plenty of time to hang out.
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 pm

"Hmm I don't really know I haven't really had much fun in a very long time but I hear something like paint ball or go cart racing is fun.... but I wouldn't Really know" Kira really didn't know what to do she hadn't ever really done anything, her life consisted of work and if time permitted it reading. " I have time, but if you are otherwise engaged we can plan for another time" Kira was free for the first time in awhile and unless her boss called she would be free for the rest of the night. She was definitely up for something new!
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:23 pm

When she told him she didn't have much fun, he reacted the same way he always did: quiet amazement. The only words he heard after that was paintball and go cart. "I'm sorry. You were having so much fun before. I didn't realize how hard you had it." He cupped her hands in his. "Listen, I know we can't always have fun. There's a time and place for everything. That's why moderation is important. This just isn't healthy, living funlessly." He initially spoke in a humorous tone, but it slowly melted away into sincere concern. He realized this didn't sound like much to normal people, but it really was a serious health concern. He'd also seen other things that happen to people who live a lifestyle of no funness. They become robot ghosts. Well, that was a childish way to describe them. They were bitter, souless people who just went through the motions. They were stuck walking in place with no progression in their lives."That said, let's go," he spoke with the cheer returning to his voice. "We'll getcha fixed up in no time." Then, he jokingly sighed. "Jeez, its only been two minutes, thirty-seven seconds and we're already accountability buddies," He smiled after jokingly acting annoyed, "What am I gonna do with you?"
Back to top Go down
Assault

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:19 pm

It appeared to Kira that her dull life affected her more than she realized she had no idea when things had gotten so stiff for her. Idleweiss pointed out that it wasn't healthy for her to be so without fun. When he cupped her hands the full weight of her decision to outcast herself had led her into a zombified state of being. She started to tear up but held it back. She was so glad that Idleweiss had decided to be her friend. "I guess I never realized how dull my life had been" she said to him. she was fully ready to go have fun and do something new. She laughed when he started to joke again, thankfully it was starting to lighten up " okay I leave it up to you, surprise me" she smiled " and hey what can I say Im a quick buddy" Kira smiled widely. it was going to be a good day.
Back to top Go down
Idleweiss
Idleweiss

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm

It was great that she was so willing. Change isn't something that just happens. "That's a good look," he observed her expression with a smirk. "Now, let's see..."As he pondered, his feet began to move and soon they were wandering aimlessly through the greenery. He followed the concrete path layered over the forest floor and examined his surroundings expectantly.

Walking backwards, he started conversing with his new buddy. He didn't want to get too personal, but he decided to share a little about himself. And if she wanted to share, that was fine too.

"Well, since we're buddies now, i thought why don't I tell you a bit about myself." He closed his eyes for a second before continuing, "I'm originally from Italy, but I've spent most of my life as a traveling artist until settling here in the US to continue my education. After college, I started touring again, deciding to claim true freedom over my life. Sometimes, I'm a mild-mannered artist on tour and sometimes I'm a traveling jack. No matter what, I'm gonna be true to my own self."

Idleweiss's lips twisted into a catlike smile as he continued. "I like trying new things, magic tricks and my three sizes are...a secret," he teased with a blush, pretending to be a modest young girl. He couldn't help but laugh afterwards. Clasping his hands behind his back, he stretched a bit as hr kept his pace along the path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical Assistance    Technical Assistance  Empty

Back to top Go down

Technical Assistance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gifted Individuals Academy :: Atlanta :: Downtown :: Grant Park-
Jump to: