Gifted Individuals Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gifted Individuals Academy

A Mutant school, our X-Men team works to defend against any threat to Mutant and Human peace alike, while others strive to destroy it. How will you choose to advance your Mutant abilities?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Greeting
Welcome to the G.I.A.! We are a new generation X-Men rpg, making our mark in the history of Mutants. Please feel free to explore our site. We're always open to new comers, and will be happy to answer any questions. Once you've joined come hangout in the Chatbox! We discuss lots of topics and love new opinions. We hope you enjoy your stay and decide to make it a permanent one!
Latest topics
» Character drawings
Grand Opening EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am by Thorn

» i cant find the away forum but i wont be on
Grand Opening EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» james markes black
Grand Opening EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» good jump in spot.
Grand Opening EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 am by Thorn

» Naruto Miage - Where Everyone is Family.
Grand Opening EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:54 am by Guest

» finally i am here
Grand Opening EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am by lightingboy

» Passing By
Grand Opening EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm by Idleweiss

» Promises and Orders
Grand Opening EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm by Idleweiss

» Thanksgiving
Grand Opening EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:15 pm by Blair Nox

Staff
Lynx - Founder of the site.
Ghost - Admin
Idleweiss - Admin

Grand Opening

Go down 
+3
Ghost
Blair Nox
LynX
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LynX
Admin
LynX

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Nightcrawler lead his group out of the house and out to the front gate. Well, his group minus Ghost, who had vanished seconds before. He stopped right in front of the black metal. It seemed like every camera crew in Atlanta had come to show up for the event, as well as even some of the non-mutant population. All together, the crowd reached less than a quarter mile from the gate. Taking a deep breath, with only a short look back at the others, he pushed open the metal doors and over the invisible threshold where he was met by bulky microphones and a loud silence.
”Hello, I would like to welcome everyone to the Grand Opening of the Gifted Individuals Academy for Mutants. We have given our best into making the school a friendly and inviting place to those with unique talents who seek guidance and a home with people of similar abilities. At the moment we have few staff members, and are inviting those who are willing and able to assist these kids with their academics to apply for a position. At this time those who are interested in taking up our offer may accompany the others and I in a brief tour of the academy.” He stepped back into the school grounds, signaling for the Mutants to come forward if they wished.
Back to top Go down

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Aurora quietly stepped forward onto the grounds, not saying a word. She knew she would be safe here with all of the other mutants around but she was still weary of everyone around her. She glanced around, looking to see if anyone looked suspicious. As soon as she was assured she was fine, she took a few more steps towards the building.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Skylar walked alongside Aurora. She kept glancing back, waiting to see the eyes of the shadow man, or someone else who had seen them fight watching them. But as she looked over the school something gave her a sense of friendly warmth. Maybe this was somewhere she could be, and not have things constantly explode in her face.
Back to top Go down
Blair Nox
Blair Nox

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Victoria stood in the crowd, looking at the school. She was debating on whether or not she should actually step forward. No one knew she was a mutant, except for her. Victoria sighed, closing her eyes momentarily. Taking a deep breathe, she stepped forward, starting to walk up to the building. She would've been outed eventually, but at least now it was her choice.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Staff - Character Handler
Ghost

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Ghost had vanished shortly after the meeting. He wasn't one for crowds or spectacles like the one going on out front. He also used the time for his own little tour of the building having already claimed a room for his sleeping arrangements. As he looked out the window he saw the two girls he had stopped fighting smirking a little behind his back figuring they would be smart enough to come. He watched in silence as a few more mutants slowly walked towards the building. He figured more would come but not now, not with such a crowd. He sighed a little before leaving the room he claimed looking for the training room he had been told about...this so called "Danger Room"

Volt smiled and waved at the crowd and ran up to meet the new mutants who were slowly coming to the building. He was sure he was being a little too excited but it was hard for him not to be. He had dreamed of being around other mutants since he got his powers and now he was.

"Hi I'm Jonathan Voltair..but you can call me Jon..Jonny....oh or Volt that works too.."

He was rambling a little but he did that when excited
Back to top Go down

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Aurora looked to her right, seeing Skylar. She smiled slightly at the girl as she continued the walk up to the building. What's the worst that can happen? Oh ya, that again. Well that won't happen again. She thought to herself, reassuring herself that everything would be fine. She looked to her left seeing a boy who called himself Volt. "Hi, I'm Aurora." She said smiling sweetly as she walked up to the doors.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Almost laughing at the sweetness in Aurora's voice, Skylar nodded at Volt. "Skylar." She couldn't help wondering what his powers were, although the name gave some hints.

Lynx watched as two girls around her age and a young woman started to walk towards them. Well, at least some are coming, she thought.

Nightcrawler smiled at the girls as they came up, knowing how much courage it takes to reveal yourself as a Mutant. "Thank you. Are there any others?" he asked the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Adriana fidgeted in the crowd, being around this many people never suited her taste. She had heard about this new school for people like her, but she wasn't sure if it was right for her. 'what if I hurt someone here too?' she thought to herself. Adriana shook her head, deciding to step forward. Walking out of the crowd, Adriana walked towards the building and the others.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Here I come. Calypso said in a high pitched giddy voice as she saw the doors open quickly running forward her body moving like a blur as she ran around the lot like a hyper active little girl stopping in the most random of places like on a tree or on top of the academy before rushing back over to the main group circling around Nightcrawler and the others as she took in every detail about them and then suddenly stopping as if satisfied right in front of a lone girl who had just finished shaking her head almost colliding into her. Just great Calypso. You've embarrassed us with your obviously immature display of curiosity Vixen said mentally to Calypso with the utmost annoyance in her voice Stop being such a killjoy Vivi Calypso said back to her suppressing a giggle as she knew it would piss Vixen off even more. Hi Hi she said turning back to Nightcrawler and waving happily obviously oblivious to the consequences of the action she just pulled

Last edited by Kitty on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 pm

As the girl's antics came to a hault, the roaring of the crowd errupted. Suddenly every camera crew was pushing to get a shot of the girl and the other Mutants. Nightcrawler's eyes widened in horror at the site, but before he could move Lynx had shut the gate. "Uh, thanks for coming! Hope everyone enjoyed the view of the lot!" Walking back to the group, she forced a smile on her face. "How about that tour?"

Nightcrawler frowned, but nodded. He smiled as he turned to the new Mutants. "I want to let you know that what you did, exposing yourselfs as Mutants, is a big thing. Not everyone has the courage to do that, but you did. So now, I ask you to follow me the rest of the way." He lead the way up the sidewalk, past the fountain, and up the steps. "Welcome home!" Nightcrawler said happily as he pushed open the doors.
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 am

Dashing out of the nearby forest, Tracy took to a sprint trying to get there in time. How could she be late to the day she would finally have a home. Seeing the camera crews packing up and some of them even driving away gave her a false sense of hope. Maybe she would have a home here. Looking at her arm she tried to retract a twig that she had made while hiding from the droves of people. With her chlorophyll rich skin she was kinda hard to hide in a crowd. The gate was closed when she ran up to it. Cursing herself for being slow she attempted to push open the gate in order to get in. Surprisingly it was unlocked which let her get in easily.

Running to catch up to the tour group that was already inside the grounds she mumbled a quick apology and tried to blend in. Tracy hoped that they would still admit her even though she was late. She was late due to the fact that she didn't want to be gawked at like an animal in a zoo. Then looking behind at the gate she wondered if this was a even worse than living on her own. The woods had never seemed so welcoming and so far away.

Last edited by Tracy Hanner on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

Spitfire

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 pm

"Damn..." Hikuro was running inside the school gate following the others like him. He saw a bunch of people with cameras and others normal humans. Hikuro decide to not let this event to let go just like that. He decide to pose in front of the cameras like a famous person. "Come on guys... want to see my best pose?". After a moment of fun he decide to go inside the school gate and follow the group like the others. Hikuro try to sneak inside the group hoping that nobody will know that he was late.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Skylar’s eyes widened as she took in the building’s interior. It was beautifully crafted, but in a way that made it feel comfortable and homely instead of gaudy. She looked over at Aurora and smiled. This was definitely a place she could stay. She watched the others react to their surrounds, taking in the two who had just joined.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:20 pm

"This place is amazing"

Volt looked around talking everything in

"We really get to live here? this isn't like a front and the real thing is just padded cells or something right?"

He laughed a little clearly meaning to be joking as he walked past a room noticing a fairly large compute screen smiling to himself a little

Ghost could hear the other in the building but continued to explore on his own. He would meet the new mutants when it was time..maybe not before his first class so his lesson would make a nice impact. He smiled behind his mask a little already planning it out
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Nightcrawler smiled at the two as they walked in. ”Don’t worry, I know what it’s like to not want to fully expose yourself as a Mutant because of your looks,” he soothed. Then, raising his voice, he said, ”I’m glad you all like what you have seen so far. The rest of the day will be spent relaxing in your rooms. Dinner will be at six, but for now just try to get to know each other! Tomorrow will be a day of exploration before classes Monday, so enjoy!”
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Woaaaaaah....Its huge Calypso said pausing and looking around before taking off into the house opening room doors to look inside as she past them trying to explore every inch of the academy before the others she soon saw motion and decided to chase after it seeing a scary man in the distance. Calypso being Calypso decided to introduce herself Hey Hey guy in the weird robes, my names Calypso she said innocently as she quickly caught up to him and would stop right in front of him Ooooh nice mask. she said her eyes widening with curiosity Calypso haven't you ever heard "Curiosity killed the cat" Vixen said slightly worried that this man was not in fact an ally and was simply surveying the base for a future attack Awwh...poor Kitty...
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm

(Now all students are to RP in their rooms and get to know their roommates a bit. The shopping topic will be posted soon.)
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 am

Ghost just glanced at the girl who so carelessly ran about. Without a word he stepped back porting through a near by shadow. He would interact with the others when it was time but till then he much rather be alone.

(Going to suggest we end this thread here as everyone should be in their rooms and what not now)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Opening   Grand Opening Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Opening
Page 1 of 1