Gifted Individuals Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gifted Individuals Academy

A Mutant school, our X-Men team works to defend against any threat to Mutant and Human peace alike, while others strive to destroy it. How will you choose to advance your Mutant abilities?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Greeting
Welcome to the G.I.A.! We are a new generation X-Men rpg, making our mark in the history of Mutants. Please feel free to explore our site. We're always open to new comers, and will be happy to answer any questions. Once you've joined come hangout in the Chatbox! We discuss lots of topics and love new opinions. We hope you enjoy your stay and decide to make it a permanent one!
Latest topics
» Character drawings
An offer not to be refused EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am by Thorn

» i cant find the away forum but i wont be on
An offer not to be refused EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» james markes black
An offer not to be refused EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» good jump in spot.
An offer not to be refused EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 am by Thorn

» Naruto Miage - Where Everyone is Family.
An offer not to be refused EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:54 am by Guest

» finally i am here
An offer not to be refused EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am by lightingboy

» Passing By
An offer not to be refused EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm by Idleweiss

» Promises and Orders
An offer not to be refused EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm by Idleweiss

» Thanksgiving
An offer not to be refused EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:15 pm by Blair Nox

Staff
Lynx - Founder of the site.
Ghost - Admin
Idleweiss - Admin

An offer not to be refused

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idleweiss
Staff - Character Handler
Idleweiss

An offer not to be refused Empty
PostSubject: An offer not to be refused   An offer not to be refused EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:07 pm

After wrapping up a day at the mall, Idleweiss headed home, or rather his temporary mainstay. He'd chosen a place relatively cheap, with a nice view of the city. "Hah!" he breathed a sigh of relief as he walked. He may have enjoyed his mall booth, it was still another tiring experience, considering he didn't take too many breaks.

"Where should I eat tonight," was the biggest question mark on the top of his head. He had a tendency to eat cheap most of the time. He reminded himself of the scholarly character from the Canterbury Tales if he wasn't mistaken. He was an interesting character, who would choose books over his own nourishment any day of the week.

He was different from the scholar as much as he was similar. He ate meager meals in order to better appreciate the bigger feasts. The question was would he eat his normal meager meal or reward himself after a long day? "Man does not live by bread alone, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to indulge one's self," he mused to himself as he wandered.

His feet passed from concrete to grass and back to concrete. Before he realized it, he had wandered into a park somewhere along the way of his absent mind. He stared up into the darkness of the night sky, which was dulled by the many stars in the sky and lamp posts lining the streets.

This looks like a nice place to do a showing, he thought to himself. The outside was a much more suitable place for a bird anyway. Around the lake, he continued on towards what appeared to be an exit. His mind shifted back to food again as he decided on the setting for his meal. That is until he passed under the shade of the trees.

He'd tried to ignore the feeling he'd had since leaving the mall, to focus on dinner, but he was beginning to grow agitated. Everyone has at one time or another felt someone was watching them or even following them. That was fine for them, but he seemed to get this treatment a lot. It's a shady business, being a Jack.

He paused before scouting the area. The guy who was approaching him didn't seem too worried about Idleweiss being out in the open as long as he stayed in the shade. Idleweiss was much more cautious. He didn't take chances or make stupid moves, even if they were alone.

His feet left the path and made a crunching noise as he stepped on dead branches and grass. Maneuvering through the random gathering of trees came to a suitable stopping point, somewhere he wouldn't be seen.

"Alright, what's up?"

He called out his pursuer casually as he waited, staring at his shoes while kicking up leaves. A voice answered, "You know why I am here, I presume?"
That was the feeling he got when he looked out into the shadows. "Sure I do. So then, short version please."

Idleweiss had hoped not to be bothered by this sort of situation, but his reputation must've reach further than he realized. If the shadowy figure could see his face, there would be a glare waiting to greet them. "Do you have any qualms with remaining here for awhile longer? A wanderer such as yourself tends to be restless when staying in one place."

"Okay..." Idleweiss could do nothing but yawn, "You know my rates of course?"

"Yes of course. However, your reward will be something much more interesting than money."

"Oh?" Suddenly he was attentive. "We shall see." The dark figure held out an item in the darkness. He could see the person's outline, but that was about all. How'd they expect him to react to something he couldn't see? However, that became a moot point.

Idleweiss' eyes lit up. It would be impossible for anyone to see in that blackness, but in his eyes, the item shone like the sun. "Well?" He heard the voice again, with a snicker. Finally raising his eyes from the captivating item, he answered.

"Go on."
Back to top Go down

An offer not to be refused
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gifted Individuals Academy :: Atlanta :: Downtown :: Grant Park-
Jump to: