Gifted Individuals Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gifted Individuals Academy

A Mutant school, our X-Men team works to defend against any threat to Mutant and Human peace alike, while others strive to destroy it. How will you choose to advance your Mutant abilities?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Greeting
Welcome to the G.I.A.! We are a new generation X-Men rpg, making our mark in the history of Mutants. Please feel free to explore our site. We're always open to new comers, and will be happy to answer any questions. Once you've joined come hangout in the Chatbox! We discuss lots of topics and love new opinions. We hope you enjoy your stay and decide to make it a permanent one!
Latest topics
» Character drawings
Younger class lesson 1 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am by Thorn

» i cant find the away forum but i wont be on
Younger class lesson 1 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» james markes black
Younger class lesson 1 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» good jump in spot.
Younger class lesson 1 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 am by Thorn

» Naruto Miage - Where Everyone is Family.
Younger class lesson 1 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:54 am by Guest

» finally i am here
Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am by lightingboy

» Passing By
Younger class lesson 1 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm by Idleweiss

» Promises and Orders
Younger class lesson 1 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm by Idleweiss

» Thanksgiving
Younger class lesson 1 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:15 pm by Blair Nox

Staff
Lynx - Founder of the site.
Ghost - Admin
Idleweiss - Admin

Younger class lesson 1

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Staff - Character Handler
Ghost

Younger class lesson 1 Empty
PostSubject: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 am

Ghost had just finished programming the courses into the computer. Even setting up a basic one if the students wanted him to demonstrate some of his ability. He wasn't sure what to expect with the next bunch as he knew they were younger which meant they probably lacked even more control then the older students he had just put through their paces.

Though they wouldn't be getting the same kind of work out the other class had his rules would remain the same. He was also considering letting them have a quick sparring match with him as the others had as well but he would let the class go and see how things went. If they went well he would, if not well he had full authority to discipline anyone who got out of hand.

He glanced over at his gauntlets contemplating on if he should put them back on, thinking about how odd and light his arms felt without them.

He like everyone else was a creature of habit so he reached over and slid them back on securing them tightly. He smiled behind his expressionless mask as his arms once again had their familiar weight to them. He would remove them if he sparred though as obviously even a light punch would hurt a lot with them on.

As he kept to his private thoughts he looked out waiting for the next batch of students to arrive...
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 am

Adriana walked into the Danger Room. so this is where class is supposed to be? great... I'm the only one in here... Adriana thought to herself. She walked over and sat down against the wall. Waiting for everyone else to arrive.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:20 am

Lynx walked in shortly after. "Geez, talk about walking fast. Why are you so eager to get here?" she asked Adri. She moved to the side and leaned back against the wall, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Ghost had fought with her and the others against the sentinel, so she knew a bit of what he could do, but that didn't mean she knew what he would do. Probably something with darkness, unless he wanted to take it easy on them because they were younger. Hopefully it wouldn't be too easy. Volt's class had already turned out negative.
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Adriana looked up to see Lynx walk in. With a shrug, she hugged her knees to her chest. I'm not really eager... Just a fast walker... Adriana sighed, and stood up. Besides... The sooner that everyone gets here, the sooner this class will end...
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Walking into the classroom Tracy felt nervous. She was pondering the powers that the others had said that they possessed and thought on her own. She found that she was the weakest. She didn't have an offensive power like the others and even when she does try to be offensive in the end she has to run anyway. Her only skill was survival. Giving herself a mental facepalm she walked over to Lynx and Adriana. Giving a small wave she remained silent and tried to grow a single flower on the tip of her finger in order to give her self something to concentrate on.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Hey Adri Calypso said as she had switched during the walk to calm down Vixen and prevent her from fighting anyone. She ran at super speed over to Adriana and glomped her Long time no see. she said with a smile before turning to Lynx Oh sorry about that earlier, want to be friends she said moving over to her and extending her hand with a genuine smile
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Raising an eyebrow, Lynx moved closer to her. "What are you doing? You don't sound the same, and you're friendly? Do you have a personality disorder?" She didn't mean it as rude as it seemed, but she couldn't understand why suddenly this girl was acting so nice now. It was almost like she was a kid or something.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Ghost walked down to the main area after the students had arrived. While he would eventually up the level with them, for now he would keep it simple since they were younger.

"Welcome to the Danger Room. This is where we will have most of our classes though if called for we may take trips and other such excursions to work on your powers. I'm Ghost...just Ghost..if you want to call me professor that is entirely up to you. I will tell you this now, in this room I am in charge. I don't want any lip or any trouble from anyone, power use is restricted to when I give permission to use it. Though I will be teaching you to fight that doesn't mean you will be hurting each other."

Ghost looked at the four girls gathered before him making a mental note of how many female students the school seemed to have compared to male ones.

"For today, I have set up some small testing areas that will test you reflexes, powers, and problem solving skills. If all goes well I may allow each of you to have a brief sparring match with me sans powers"

As he finished talking he looked at each of them before giving the command

"Run test program G-1"

With those words the room shifted setting up the predetermined obstacles
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Flinching instinctively Tracy grew a bark and thorn covering on both her shins and arms to protect herself from the obstacles that might lie ahead. She knew that she wasn't the strongest, but maybe she could be the quickest or at least good at something. Unsure of what the obstacles would be she took a defensive position and waited for the first order.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Lynx looked at the obstacles, observing the hurdles leading to the rockwall that obstructed her view from the rest of the course. Turning to the others, she smiled encouragingly. "Basic stuff, nothing we can't handle. He's probably figuring that because we're young we can't handle as much right away, so this should be pretty easy. I would suggest we let two start, then give tens seconds before the other two going." She paused, waiting to see who would volunteer to go first. If no one else would Lynx would go first, but she thought that it would be the polite thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 am

Ghost didn't say a word. Of course the course looked simple but that didn't mean there weren't hidden surprises. Nothing terribly dangerous of course, he had seen the room was equipped with all manner of weapons and obstacles but he wouldn't be bringing out attack droids, or spinning saw blades, or the like for a while...at least not for the students. He watched waiting to see if the students would volunteer and if not he would just select them himself.

It was obvious Lynx despite her age had some experience in such things. Ghost remembered her file, it had been oddly empty. He wasn't going to question her about it though has he had checked his own file and most of his information had been guessed at or left blank.
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:37 am

Thinking on it Tracy said, surprising herself,"I'll go." she figured that no matter the obstacles this one looked pretty easy and would probably only be a test of her skills that she acquired from the years in the forest. Climbing trees and running over roots and streams. Was this any different when you compared the two? Putting a toe at what would seem to be the start line she looked back to see who else would accompany her.
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Adriana fell over as Kitty, obviously now Calypso, glomped her. She stood up when Calypso went over to Lynx. Adriana sighed, noticing the room changed. of course... i should've known better... there's no way he would make this an easy class... Adriana thought to herself. Leaning against the wall, she watched as Tracy volunteered. Hopefully, if all the others volunteered first, Adriana could be the last to go.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Seeing no one but Tracy wanted to volunteer, Lynx moved up to where Tracy stood ready to go. "OK, just be ready for any surprises," she said, raising her voice so that the other two could hear. Lynx wasn't sure what was waiting on the otherside of the rockwall, and although she was sure Ghost wasn't going to be too hard on them, she didn't want to mislead them either. She waited a couple more seconds, allowing herself time to energize herself, before shouting "Go!"
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Ghost watched as the two girls took off. They had decent enough speed for girls their age so that wouldn't be a problem. He had made sure to put in obstacles that would test certain powers depending on who went. He watched on in silence as the girls began to navigate the course. Up till the wall things would be pretty simple but once they hit that the tricks would come into play. He had even been sure to make it so even someone with super speed couldn't just blaze through the course. After all it wasn't a race, it was a test of multiple things at once, and Ghost would decide those who passed and those who failed.
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Nodding at Lynx she ran at the signal cursing herself for stumbling a small bit in the beginning. Climbing up the rock wall, Tracy felt exhilarated. Growing bark on her hands she used them like gloves to scale the wall and make it over. The bark gave her a little more grip on the surface but she still seemed to be average. Determined to make it through the course she gave one last push and made it over the wall. Landing on the balls of her feet she waited a few seconds before hurrying on.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Lynx made it over the hurdles and up the wall quickly. She stopped at the top, looking back to see where the other girls were before turning to peek over the wall. A zip line and and more hurdles, as well as a wire net that they would have to crawl under. Well he wasn't in the military any was he? she chuckled to herself. "Ok, so looks good. Be careful when you get up here though," she called before continueing. With each step she grew more weary. What could he have in store for them?

Last edited by LynX on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Huh... Calypso said as she had spaced out, inside of her head, her and Vixen were arguing over how she was trying make friends with her enemy and by the time they came too Lynx and Tracy were already attempting the course Should we um? wait for them or? she said looking at Adriana and then turning back and looking at the course. Oh well I'll get to run! Calypso said as she was about to take of before Vixen yelled in her head halting her movement This is obviously a test you stupid brat. I don't want you running unless it is absolutely necessary proceed at a normal speed and be ready to switch with me if anything bad happens. Vixen said coaching her But its scary mask guy I want to say hi to him as fast as possible Calypso whined not understanding the seriousness of the test No. You'll say hi to him after we pass. Otherwise I'll blast music in our ears all night and not the pretty princess tunes you like but the ones with swear words that I know you can't stand Vixen threatened as she wanted to show how capable she was not because she actually wanted to pass the test but just so she could prove she was better than Lynx. Okay... Calypso said with a nod looking forward and deciding that she would wait for Adriana so they would be able to go together.
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 am

Adriana watched as the others went through the course. great.... this is going to be a blast... she thought to herself. Adriana looked over at Kitty, it seemed like she'd be going with her. The test didn't seem like it would be too difficult, it was just a lot of physical exercise. Which definitely wasn't Adriana's forte.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Lynx hesitated on the top of the wall, wondering if she should wait for the others. Crouching down, she looked over at the two. "Come on you guys, we don't have all day, and maybe if we stick together a bit any surprises Ghost has won't seem as much of a challenge." So what if this was a test, maybe if she helped her Vixen wouldn't be so annoying anymore. Not to mention she was a senior member, even if she wasn't old enough to instruct, so she needed to set the example.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Adri-chan Lets go, don't worry I got your back. Calypso said looking back at Adriana and beckoning her to try the course, she would be specifically looking out for her after all her powers didn't have practical uses when faced against machinery so she would be at a disadvantage if things got to hectic. Besides we don't want to be left behind. Calypso said as she took off a normal running speed seeing that the other two girls hadn't encountered danger at the first part of the test so she felt no need to get serious for a while at least, Calypso climbing up the wall instead of just running up it when she got to the top she stretched and waited for Adriana to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Ghost was slightly impressed by Lynx. She was young but seemed to have a reliable head on her shoulders. She watched one team mate then instead of barreling on ahead waited for the others. It was an admirable trait but one that can be hard to keep up once adversity hits.

He hadn't planned any tricks for up to the wall but past that things would increasingly get more difficult. The zip line had a 1 in 4 chance of breaking sending the person down into the net below leaving the others to not only figure out a way to cross but to rescue their classmate as well. That was the easiest thing he had in store but each would test their powers, both in application and in control, and it would see who had it in them to lead and work with a team. Roan may have been the leadership and tactics professor however both those things tied into combat and survival so Ghost wasn't going to let them drop the ball in his class.

He glanced away for a moment considering something. Under ideal circumstances it would take a team working together about 5 minutes to run the course. But since he knew they were unaware of the teamwork aspect he decided to test their bonds

"In five minutes the course will shut down. Who ever doesn't cross the finish by then will face a punishment"

Ghost was smiling to himself behind his mask as in reality if the entire group didn't finish together they would fail. If one passed the line under 5 minutes but the others did not the group working together would be the true passers of the test. In the mean time he would stand and watch and see what happened.
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Adriana sighed, starting to run after Kitty. Lynx has a point... we stand a better chance together. She stopped at the wall, examining it. Adriana reached up, beginning to climb. She was careful to watch her footing and handholds. Finally, Adriana reached the top, and stood beside Kitty. That wasn't too bad, I guess... Adriana said, glancing up at the others. Apparently we only have another five minutes... So I'd suggest we get moving... Adriana didn't really want to continue on with this little test. Though she didn't want to let down the others either. She carefully walked along the wall, looking ahead at what else might be in store besides a zip line.
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Standing still for a moment waiting for Lynx and the others her heart went into a little panic mode when she heard about the time limit. Looking at the rest of the group she asked rather impatiently,"Are we ready to shove off guys?"Tracy didn't mean to sound hurtful but she knew the five minutes is a lot shorter than most people think. Going down the zipline she protected herself with a thicker layer of bark. This way she could fall into the wire without getting to badly. Seeing the line weaken Tracy had an idea. Concentrating really hard she stretched her arms into vines. While standing in the wire pit she wrapped her arms around the weakened line. "Come across I don't think I'll break." she called up while she secretly wished to run on ahead and leave the others behind.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 pm

"Ok, you two first means you were last to get up." Lynx waited patiently for the others to cross. At home, she was normally the one to test things out and make sure something wasn't a trap, but seeing that Tracy was eager to go first she would let her take that role. This way if something bad happened she would let the others move on and get to the end while she figured a way out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Younger class lesson 1   Younger class lesson 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Younger class lesson 1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next