Gifted Individuals Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gifted Individuals Academy

A Mutant school, our X-Men team works to defend against any threat to Mutant and Human peace alike, while others strive to destroy it. How will you choose to advance your Mutant abilities?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Greeting
Welcome to the G.I.A.! We are a new generation X-Men rpg, making our mark in the history of Mutants. Please feel free to explore our site. We're always open to new comers, and will be happy to answer any questions. Once you've joined come hangout in the Chatbox! We discuss lots of topics and love new opinions. We hope you enjoy your stay and decide to make it a permanent one!
Latest topics
» Character drawings
Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am by Thorn

» i cant find the away forum but i wont be on
Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» james markes black
Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 am by Thorn

» good jump in spot.
Getting to know the system EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 am by Thorn

» Naruto Miage - Where Everyone is Family.
Getting to know the system EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:54 am by Guest

» finally i am here
Getting to know the system EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am by lightingboy

» Passing By
Getting to know the system EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm by Idleweiss

» Promises and Orders
Getting to know the system EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm by Idleweiss

» Thanksgiving
Getting to know the system EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:15 pm by Blair Nox

Staff
Lynx - Founder of the site.
Ghost - Admin
Idleweiss - Admin

Getting to know the system

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Staff - Character Handler
Ghost

Getting to know the system Empty
PostSubject: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Volt had left the cafeteria before the others had finished eating so he could set up the classroom. There wasn't much to do since it was just a room of computers but he still put a bit of a personal touch to the room, moving the computers so they where closer together since there wouldn't be many students.

He sat down at his desk booting up his computer then the rest in the room. He hummed a little to himself as he typed away preparing a simple program for the students to mess with to get a basic understanding of what they had to work with
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Lynx had scarfed her food quickly so that she could get to Computer Science quickly. She hoped that it would turn out to be all that she hoped. If nothing else, she would at least be around some computers to talk to , which would be nice. She walked in to see Volt typing. "So, what's the first lesson professor?"
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Volt looked up curiously, clearly he had gotten lost in his typing.

"Oh hello...Lynx right? Sorry I'm bad at learning names at first"

Volt smiled a little

"Well first we have to wait for the rest of the students but i promise we will have a pretty easy class today just a basic shakedown you know?

Volt went back to finishing the program to make sure it was fully ready when the other students arrived

"Now no peeking at the program just yet ok? I want to run through it with everyone"
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Frowning slightly, Lynx walked back to a seat towards the front. Gently caressing the moniter, her smile grew. Can you hear me? She waiting, listening for the answer and soon being rewarded. Good, then we should be great friends. Within minutes she was aquainted with her 'partner', and was sitting and talking with it when the others arrived.
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Adriana walked down to where the class should be. She hadn't bothered meeting with the others for breakfast, preferring to sleep for that extra bit of time. Adriana walked inside the classroom, seeing that only two people were already inside. Sighing, she walked over to a computer, sitting down behind it. Adriana glanced up at the others Morning...
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Walkig in leisurely Tracy Gave a small nod to the teacher and thought about how she really could have done without the whole traditional breakfast. Hey maybe tomorrow she would exchange breakfast with outside suntime. Her mouth lifted into a slight smile as she took a seat at a computer. She had never used nor owned one of these machines nor did she feel the need to actually know how to operate one. She had lived without them for her entire life why would she need them now. Shrugging she looked at the computer and began to study all the buttons with a well placed glare. Slouching in her chair she looked around for the other students.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:16 am

Volt smiled as the other students started to come in. He recognized Tracy noticing she was looking a little different

"Tracy...if you want you can take a seat closer to a window. My class doesn't really allow for much outside time yet but if it would make you more comfortable feel free"

Volt smiled again he was just trying to be helpful and of course it was his job to watch out for the students in his class and last thing he needed was one of them passing out or something like that
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm

I hate school. Vixen said as she walked into the class looking around quickly with a scowl on her face as she had been forced to skip breakfast as she wasn't used to waking up so early her hair still wet from just coming out of the shower. On second note things are looking up since your in my class. she said seeing Adrianna and smirking walking over and then sitting behind a computer which was right next to her. Hey Adri, oh and before I forget Calypso said shes sorry for falling asleep when she was in the den. She feels really bad about it so she's not going to take over until shes sure your not mad at her. Vixen whispered restricting the sound so that only her and Adriana could hear it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 pm

"Ok well with that everyone is here so I guess lets get class started. I know computers aren't for everyone and that my class probably won't be as exciting as ones that let you use your powers but I will try to make the class fun ok?"

Volt smiled looking out at the class.

"Well first off I'd like everyone to turn to their computers and click on the icon in the middle. I set up a dummy version of the main system. This was for a few reasons. One was so we could mes around without accidentally blowing the school up or putting us into lock down or something" Volt laughed a little "the other is so you can get familiar with the different defenses and more basic controls that we have to work with as the system is more advanced then what I think most of you may be used to dealing with. I could be wrong of course but I hope you will bear with me"

Volt was friendly and nice wanting the students to have a good time but also not wanting to accidentally activate school defenses or something
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Lynx sat and stared at the screen for half a minute before getting up and walking over to Volt. "Hey, I know that you're starting like this for those of the group who are beginners, but is there something you could give me to check out? I've already discussed about this with the computer and I-" Stopping dead, she winced at her own mistake. Great way of explaining that, Lynx scolded herself. "Uh, I mean, can we use the projecting system to make a 3-D showing of what the different alerts and such do?"
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Volt smiled a little "Technopath? Maybe you should be teaching the class" Volt laughed

"Sure that would be good. Was going to do that at a later class but lets do it now not that big of a deal" Volt was more then happy to accommodate for the students. "But actually before that how about real quick you all introduce yourself and what powers you have I'll even start us. I'm Jonathan Voltair, you can call me Volt..or Professor Volt or whatever. My main power is Electrokinesis in the form of creating lightning through objects. I also have what I call Techno-Empathy i can read the condition of anything electrical. I can't talk to the machines just read them so i can repair things before they break"

He looked at the girls gathered before him wondering what they thought and what they could do knowing they were probably each extremely unique and probably had more impressive abilities then him
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Adriana turned on the computer in front of her. Once it was on she began clicking around. The teacher, Volt, then asked for an introduction from the class. When no one else seemed to want to go first, Adriana sighed.
Guess I'll go first... Adriana said, standing up in front of her computer. Looking at the teacher from her bangs, Adriana cleared her throat. My name is Adriana Blake. You can pretty much call me any variation of my name... or Nightmare... Adriana told the class quietly. My powers.... well.... she looked over at Kitty, the only one who had seen her powers here so far. Looking back to Volt, she continued. I manifest people's worst nightmares into a reality....
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:09 pm

You got this Vixen whispered before flashing a smile when Adriana looked at her trying to encourage her to break out of her shell. She on the other hand hadn't been paying attention to Volt instead checking out the other girls in the class her mind wavering. Oh I guess I'm next Katherine Relic, but you can call me Kitty. she said with a yawn leaving out the details about her multiple personality disorder. My powers include, Super Speed,Sonokinesis and a Sonic scream she said with a smirk.

Last edited by Kitty on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Lynx raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Oh yeah, we got to see you're superspeed in action, as did the rest of Atlanta." She couldn't help but make her remark. This girl had made quite a show at the opening, and if it did anything to ruin the good reputation they had tried to set up she was going to be the blame.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Vixen's sleepy demeanor immediately snapped into alert when one of the girls mentioned Calypso's little stunt at the opening and her face changed from smirking to angry all in a matter of seconds, she always hated being blamed for Calypso's deeds You want to see my Sonic Scream in action? Don't worry it'll be a private show this time all the more enjoyable. she said with a sadistic smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:38 pm

"Ok Ok both of you relax. I just asked what powers you have not to demonstrate them"

Volt sighed a little as a few of the girls where starting to get riled up

"You can save it for your powers class. I'm sure Ghost has something planned for you all or whatever. Right now we are just introducing ourselves and getting to know the basics of the computer systems we have here at the school"

Volt smiled again trying to calm the two girls down
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Cracking her knuckles, Lynx moved a step closer to Vixen. A fight would feel really good at the moment. "Sure, go ahead, but I'll warn, I've got some pretty interesting tricks up my sleeve, and your scream might not work." She could already feel something forming in her fist, it's warmth heating her hand. All she needed was for Vixen to make a move and she'd be by her side and shutting her down.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Heh. You sure your fist can stop me. But fine be my guest, Vixen said sucking in air Vixen!! Calm down you might wake up Kitty! Calypso said in her head Shut it runt. I'll end it quickly. she replied back as she was going to put almost all her energy into the scream simply to make a point.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:18 pm

"OK that's enough both of you"

Volt finally spoke up

"I'm a nice guy but I won't let you destroy my classroom on the first day. You want to kill each other? Save it for Ghost's class. Cause if you keep it up I will have to punish you...or send you to a teacher who can"

Volt's hand sparked a little as he talked for once an attitude bubbling up. It was clear while Volt liked to have fun and wanted the students to have fun as well he wasn't going to get walked on or take crap
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hanner

Tracy Hanner

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Sighing from her computer Tracy said, ignoring the fight that was going on,"I'm Tracy...Tracy Hanner. You can call me whatever you want or you can call me Leto if you really want. I'm, I guess the correct term would be Chlorokinetic. I can turn any part of my body into vegetation an I'm basically a human plant." lifting up a strand of her hair she said,"See grass and chlorophyll." Swiveling back to her monitor she continued her random clicking and typing. Having moved a little closer to the window she was leanig towards the sunlight as plants often do overtime.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:01 am

Lynx breathed, staring at Vixen for a moment before moving to lean against the wall. "I'm Lynx, and I'm a rare Technopath. Most just control technology while I actually converse with them." She paused for a second, surprised at how easily she had just explained her ability. Must have been because of the fact I was nearly in a fight. Shaking herself mentally, Lynx continued. "I also have telepathich capabilities, being able to extract wisdom or knowledge about a certain subject as long as it is fresh in the subconscious of the mind. And then this baby," Lynx said, hold out her fist to show a see-through throwing star glowing bright purple, "is made from pure psi energy. It can leave you nauseated, so you most likely won't be using your power or at least controling it very well for a few minutes once hit." She wasn't sure why she was going so indepth with her powers, the only possible explanation was to show Vixen what she was up against in case she tried to pull such a stunt again. Lynx had a feeling that this academy was a bigger part of her present than anyone really realized.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:55 am

Go ahead make my day and throw the star, I'll have fun beating you into next week with just my fists. Vixen said in a whisper making sure only Lynx could hear her before walking away back to her computer with a smirk. She couldn't wait till combat class she'd make it her personal mission to beat the stuffing out of her. You shouldn't fight with her, shes an ally. Calypso said in her head Whatever. We don't need allies remember Cal. Kitty kills everyone anyways. So I might as well make it easier for her one person at a time. Vixen replied coldly Don't think like that...you know sometimes you scare me. Calypso said shaking her head And you think I care? Tch why doesn't she ever wake up when I need her too, Kitty... she said looking up at the ceiling her anger not showing any signs of fading.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 am

Volt sighed a little. Clearly teaching was going to be harder then he thought. He had heard how...challenging teenage girls could be and it was clear mutant ones were no exception.

"Ok well if we can all finally calm down lets take a look at the different alarms and warning that you may end up hearing while here. We have the usual fire, tornado, and such alarms. But we also have things such as intruder alarms, structural warning, gathering alarms and so forth. So we will go through a quick run down of what they sound like and what would normally cause them to go off"
Back to top Go down
LynX
Admin
LynX

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 am

Lynx, rolling her eyes as Vixen walked away, sat down on the floor so she could get a closer view. The girl was trying to be a bit shot, but it really didn't phaze her. It was obvious she didn't have much control and she was just trying to make up for that by giving attitude. Lynx did feel a bit bad at the fact she almost faught in not only her favorite class but the one taught by Volt. She hoped he wasn't too mad.
Back to top Go down
Adriana

Adriana

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Adriana sighed, obviously this class wasn't going to be as easy. She glanced up at Kitty; who, judging by the attitude, was now Vixen. Vixen... Cool it... There's really no need to get riled up... she said quietly, so that only Vixen could hear. Adriana then turned her attention from Vixen back to Volt. She gave him a look to continue on with the lesson, despite the fighting. All Adriana really wanted right now, was for class to end; so that she could get out of there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the system   Getting to know the system Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting to know the system
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gifted Individuals Academy :: G.I.A. :: Inside :: First Level :: Classrooms :: Computer Science-
Jump to: